Friday, October 8, 2010

Birthday Week! MONDAY 10/4/10

26...I had a hard enough time turning 25 last year.  Yes, I know this sounds ridiculous, but what can I say?  I'm a ToysRus kid!  I am also a party animal.  I love to be surrounded by great music, food, festivities, and most important, great people.  I was not looking forward to this birthday up until Monday evening... Kandice and I planned on going to get sushi for dinner.  We leave the house at 6:30 to go downtown and Kandice tells me she needs to stop at the bank, ok no problem.  We pull up to the drive through and this place was like the Wal-mart parking lot...full! minus the white trash folk.   As we pull up to the little poop chute thing, Kandice does her thing and I mention I have a head ache and some coffee sounds good right about now.  Then Kandice says oh yes, let's stop and get coffee on the way to dinner.  So we take a little detour to Bean's and Brews and get iced coffees, which def. hit the spot.  We finally make our way onto the freeway to go down town and Kandice then looks at her phone and says, I have to get Josh deoderant.  I'm thinking, What?  Right now?  She says yes, he won't go into the Sanbar with out deoderant on and he forgot it, so we have to find a grocery store down town.  I didn't mind as it was a Monday evening and I had nothing else to do, and was in no hurry to go anywhere.  We finally pull up to the Sandbar and I tell Kandice I will just wait in the car.  She says no!  We are going to make Josh buy us a shot for making us do all of that running around.  Good idea! We walk into the Sandbar and look up the stairs and see a huge group of familiar faces and hear SURPRISE!!!  I was so ecstatic.  I couldn't believe that Kandice had done all of this and I had NO idea whatsoever.  You sneaky little B.  Come to find out, all of those extra stops were because Josh(Kandice's BF) was running late.  But Kandice really did go into the store and buy deoderant! haha  I really can't express in words how much this meant to me, in fact, I get a little choked up thinking about it.  I am so lucky to have so many awesome people in my life.  My usual boring Monday evening had turned into a really fun filled night out with friends and family that I wouldn't trade for the world and also made me realize that I shouldn't be focusing so much on the # of years I have been alive but more so on the # of people in my life that make every year worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment