Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thyroid Update

Went and got an ultrasound on my thyroid today.  That was kind of weird.  The tech said that my thyroid looked okay to her, no masses or nodules, but she's not a Dr. so they are going to send the pics out and that I should know for sure by Friday.  I also got more blood tests taken.  I have a feeling that everything is going to come back normal (like all of my test results I get from the Dr.)  I get really frustrated with doctors.  I really like the one I have also, but I go and spend money to try to figure out what is wrong with me and always get the same answer...every thing's normal.  Okay, so is this all in my head!?  I feel that something in my body is off, like my hormones.  I probably need to get those checked.
This is the last week of 2010!  Kinda crazy.  I need to find a sexy dress to wear.  I think Kandice and I are going to have a fancy party of some sort for New Years...which has put me into kind of a panic.  Here I am still almost 10 lbs heavier then normal.  I decided to try to fast this week, and see how that goes...except yesterday I had a carnitas burrito for lunch!!  Crap! I also started training for my marathon this week, but my mileage isn't too high so I should be fine. 
Today is my 1st "fast" day.  I can't go a day without eating anything, so when I say fast, I mean eat a calorie restricted diet of mainly veggies and fruit.  It has gone pretty well and my energy levels are good right now.  Since today is a rest day on my training plan, I am going to go to the gym after work and do some weights.  I hope to lose 5 lbs by Friday, since 10 lbs is pretty much impossible (and unhealthy) to lose in 3-4 days.
I will check in tomorrow with my progress. 

1 comment:

  1. I had thyroid ultrasound recently because the doctor thought she found a nodule. The ultrasound came out normal however:)
    Sometimes the increased blood flow in the entire gland suggesting hyperthyroidism

    ReplyDelete