Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time flies...

Wow, has it really been that long since I have last posted my thoughts to the world wide web?  Well I am back and a lot has happened the past four months.  My life has been a roller coaster...I'll start by saying that I wasn't able to run the marathon I signed up for.  I got another stress fracture, this time in my left leg.  I am going to give it another month or two and try a whole new approach to my running.  The Dr. said I need to change my running form, so I'm going to get me a pair of the "minimalist" shoes and try those on for size.  If all goes well, I am considering trying a marathon at the end of the year.
I have also been dating someone and am really happy right now!!  This guy is like no other guy I have ever been with. This may sound stupid but he makes me feel like a woman.  He takes care of me, which is weird to be honest.  I've always been the "caretaker" and now the role has been reversed.  I've never felt safer in someone arms either.  If any males are reading this, you need to know that it really is the small things that make a BIG impact.  Example;  One night we were driving home from the movie and I wasn't feeling very well, he drove past my street and I said, Ummm you just passed my street, he said, I know and then pulled into the parking lot of Dans, took me inside and bought me some medicine.  I will never forget that.   I also have a wheat allergy and have to avoid all gluten.  This guy went home after I had told him and researched it and now is always asking me, wait, is this gluten free?  I just keep thinking he's too good to be true.  Another night we were hanging out and my sister and her bf got into a little tiff.  Later that night, he asked me what things set me off, because he never wants to make me mad.  I mean, seriously?  I didn't think these men existed.  How did I get so lucky??  And to top it off he is so damn cute!!  I really did find the whole package.  But for some reason, a little voice in the back of my mind keeps telling me to not get my hopes up, that I don't deserve this, and a part of me is just waiting for the day that this guy is going to break my heart.  WHY?  I want to punch that little voice right in the babymaker!  So I have been approaching this "relationship" with major caution.  We've been dating about 6 months and I still don't feel comfortable calling him my boyfriend, and I think he feels the same way about calling me his girlfriend.
I guess my point here is that I need to silence that little voice and keep telling myself that I do deserve to be happy!  Because I REALLY DO!
Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. You soooo deserve to be happy! I hope we get to meet this guy one of these days!! And you should know from your brother that good guys are out there and don't ever settle for anything else because you deserve the best!

    ReplyDelete